Facebook Badge

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Some interesting reading...

I just got done reading this book yesterday. It's Clive Barkers latest
offering after being off for a while. The book is 'demon posessed',
and is trying to convince you to burn it before getting to the end.
Eventually you find out that he has a secret to tell, and he
reluctantly does so in hopes to satiate your curiosity and therefore
release him from his prison. Along the way he graphically details the
major events in his life, much of it very gruesome, almost comically
so. He visits his relationship with a much older and grandiose demon,
which ends up being a love/hate style situation. It reminded me of the
chemistry between Lestat and Luis in "Interview with a Vampire"

Anyway, other than the roleplaying books I've been reading, this is
the second or third offering I've made to myself in this renewed
interest in reading courtesy of an old high school friend I visited a
few weeks ago. I remember the love for the new places reading takes
me, but it's going to be a challenge trying to find time to do so, and
learn to tune outrhe distractions when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment